Here at Knight Johnson, LLC we specialize in business disputes concerning banking litigation, business litigation, construction and real estate litigation.
Knight Johnson, LLC represents clients in matters involving:
- Federal financial regulatory law
- Insurance claims and coverage
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations
- Contractual disputes between broker and investor
- Financial fraud and embezzlement
Our Banking Litigation practice encompasses the representation of our financial institution clients in federal and state courts from the inception of a matter through appeal. We represent borrowers, debtors in litigation matters involving breach of contract; business torts; collections; consumer financial services; director and officer liability; commercial foreclosures; lender liability claims; branch acquisitions and sales; mergers; ERISA-related matters; and general bank regulatory issues.
We represent Atlanta business clients in multiple facets of their commercial endeavors, including business organization, negotiation and documentation of transactions, and real estate contracts. We counsel businesses at all stages and phases of their operations, working with our clients to achieve a form of organization, operational structure and framework for dealing with suppliers, customers and employees that is best suited to the business plan and goals of management.
Our experience includes purchases and sales, contract agreements among members of business organizations, sophisticated financing transactions, and a wide range of other documents tailored to the particular needs and desires of your business. We also cover letter of credit disputes, fraud, interference with business, libel, slander and other tort claims.
We offer guidance, insight into options and decisive action for clients in need of:
- Business dissolution counsel focused on just, lawful division and liquidation of assets as well as a coherent and strategic approach to minimizing debt and future exposure to legal action in a buyout scenario.
- Comprehensive business restructuring counsel informed by a wealth of industry and market knowledge, bankruptcy law, tax law and regulatory issues.
- Representation in partnership disputes requiring negotiation, mediation, arbitration or litigation to establish control over assets and operations or a plan to transfer or dissolve a business as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Knight Johnson, LLC represents project owners (including corporate, governmental and nonprofit entities), as well as architects/engineers, construction managers, and contractors, in a wide range of construction litigation.
Much of construction litigation involves disputes over the alleged breach of construction contracts. These contracts may be extraordinarily complex and sophisticated or relatively simple.
Common claims include:
- Extra work: We handle disputes addressing whether ordered work was within the scope of the initial contract or outside it.
- Delay and interference: When a project is delayed, the financial impact on the several parties committed to the project can be considerable. We litigate claims over the alleged failure of owners to acquire sites, obtain permits, coordinate contractors, and process change orders; the alleged failure of construction managers and contractors to timely progress the job; and the alleged failure of architects or engineers to properly design the project.
- Design and Construction defects: Our attorneys are experienced at litigating disputes among owners, designers, and contractors over allegations of errors and omissions in design and defective work on the project.
- Contractor default: A contractor default on its obligations, whether actual or alleged, can have enormous financial consequences for the owner, contractor, and other participants in a construction project. We handle such situations and, when necessary, litigation arising out of them.
REAL ESTATE LITIGATION:
Knight Johnson, LLC represents property owners, buyers, sellers, real estate developers and investors, commercial lenders, landlords and tenants involved in the resolution of property disputes and real estate litigation in the greater Atlanta area, including:
- Residential and commercial lease disputes and landlord/tenant controversies
- Commercial evictions and Yellowstone injunctions
- Disputes involving co-op/condominium conversions and partition actions
- Mortgage foreclosures and collection actions
- Construction litigation and contractor disputes
- Disputes over contract of sale or purchase
- Easements, variances and boundary line disputes
- Alternatives to real estate litigation